Wednesday, July 8, 2009

From the "Red Shirt Elite"

Aaron says,

how should I start....

I volunteered to be a hospitality manager. I've learned how to cook, to do laundry and to write a blog (BAH! Abby's typing it and making me put my feelings into words...) I also learned how to play "Never have I ever..." which is a game where you try to get others out by saying things you have never done, and if they HAVE done it, then they lose a point. Sounds confusing? It was! But I'm a master now! (yah right)

I'm working with a guy named Adam and he is from North Carolina. There are two other summer staff who are the ones who are actually RUNNING the camp and in charge of projects and leading the morning and evening programs. For the most part, I do what they tell me. My main duties are in the kitchen. My mom would be SOOO proud! I prepare all the meals, take inventory of all the stock and help the campers prepare breakfast and dinner. It keeps me WAY busier than I thought it would. This is the first time I've been able to sit down all day. I also help with skits and preparing things for chapel.

Tomorrow I will be traveling with one of the summer work staff to the different work sites to see what's going on and to take pictures. I would have liked to have worked with the kids too, so I am really looking forward to visit the sites and get out of this building!

~Aaron~

1 comment:

  1. all i can say is that you can tell abby wrote this. fo sho.
    ~amy~

    ReplyDelete