Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Me and my friend Josh

This has been a great week I weeded all day then on Tuesday I helped with a special needs child named Melvin. We went swimming and played games with the kids we hung out with. Today i weeded a different area at the school were staying at because my leader Vonnie was still not feeling well. They took her to the doctor and found out what was wrong so now she is getting better wich is a huge praise.

Christin

This week to me has been a wonderful experience. I worked with kids that have mental and physical abilities. At first I have to admit, I was terrified. I had never worked with children like this before, and at first it felt like I wasn't really doing anything. But as the week progressed on, I realized how amazing these kids are and how much they loved having me there. This one girl had never played basketball but was shooting hoops in minutes. Another little girl was an amazing artist! She drew pictures of her house and it looked like an architect design. And as farther i got into the week, the more I learned about them. I think this has really changed how I look at people now. I believe that seeing these kids up close and personal was the work of God that was teaching me to look at people for how they are on the inside and not judge them by their looks. I have really enjoyed this week so far and I'm looking forward to interacting with these children and having God teach me more life lessons in the future.

Meghan <3 :)

1 comment:

  1. We love all you guys and we continue to pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete